Sunday, December 20, 2009

Avatar Movie

I just got back from seeing Avatar in 3D.

Wow.

I don't know if I have ever been so amazed by a movie. I went into it very skeptical and almost declined to go because I thought it was going to suck -- it has been advertised so heavily, I was in doubt that the movie would actually be able to live up to its own hype. It was incredible, though. By far the best movie I have seen in a long time.

The storyline was futuristic and sci-fi -- and good. There was a ton of action and digital special effects (are digital special effects really 'special' or are they just 'digital effects'?...) -- but it wasn't just explosions and rushing flying scenes, but amazing color and three-dimensional imagery. The movie is the first I have seen that seamlessly integrates digital scenery and characters with live-action people.

There definitely seem to be political/environmental undertones in the plot, but even if one chooses to ignore them, the movie is highly entertaining and enthralling.

This was also the first really good 3D movie I have seen. There were many things that pop out at you throughout the entire movie.

If you like movies, you must see this movie. If you don't like movies (for some reason), this may be the movie that changes your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment