More on that later, perhaps. While a stout Packers fan and hater of the Bears and Vikings, I am troubled. My loyalty to one of the game's greatest players allows me to wish him well even while he plays for one of my most despised teams, the Vikings. In short, I think Favre is good enough to lead a team to the Super Bowl and I wish he were doing it with the Packers. Since that's no longer possible, I wish him well on his quest elsewhere.
I watched the Vikings vs. Bears game tonight and found the first half discouraging. The Vikings have certainly come into a rut the past few weeks. The second half, though...was quite another story. There were still moments of listlessness and struggle, but many more moments of brilliance and classic Favreness.
In the coming weeks, the Vikings will be hard to stop if they play like they did in the second half. And out of the playoffs ASAP if they play like they did in the first half.
As for the Packers, it's fortunate they are in the playoffs. I wish them best of luck, though it's bittersweet to think that making the playoffs (and any playoff wins) will only embolden McCarthy and extend his stay in Green Bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment